Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm like freaking Betty Crocker up in here.

I've been gone for a while!
My trip to GA was super fun and successful, despite crappy weather (in the 30s and rain Georgia? really??) and flight delays on the trip back. We went to the Terrapin brewery and watched a bunch of Downton Abbey! I had so much fun hanging out with my buddy and her puppy.
He did not like my camera one bit. I think it hurt our puppy-human relationship a little.
Anyway, it's good to be back with boyfriend in VA. Of course hanging out with a puppy for 3 days makes me want a furry companion even more (no, boyfriend is not furry enough to count). For now, I will have to be content with the birds who hang out at our new bird feeder! We have filled it up twice now and they keep going through it. I think we're really popular with the birds in our neighborhood now.
Fattest. Birds. Ever.
Yes that is snow in that picture. Because it snowed on Monday. It's all melted now, but remember how I said it was supposed to get warmer? Well it's not.
I bundled up and went for a snow run on Monday. About 10 minutes in (a little over half a mile away from my house) I realized I had to pee really really badly. I forgot how cold air can do that sometimes. So I booked it home and even with cutting my circuit short I ran about 1. 4 miles in 16 minutes. Guess I need that kind of panicked motivation to move fast.
Yesterday I ran the whole 2 miles (it was much nicer, although WINDY) and finished in about 24 minutes. I ran past the same guy twice in the loop and he cheered me along. Which was good for me, cause it was like I had a personal cheer squad or something. It helps.

Look what I made us for dinner last night!
Can you guess what that 'pizza crust' is made of? Bet you can't. Cause it's freaking cauliflower. It was delicious and boyfriend is mad that I'm making him like vegetables. Of course the cheese isn't that good for us, but there was not too much and I figure all the veggies we had along with it (with salad as a starter!) balance it out. And I can't do pizza without cheese. I'm Italian!

I've been feeling really down lately. I miss Pittsburgh a lot and even with frequent trips home I'm just not feeling great down here. I think once I get some employment that will help, but trying to keep busy is draining sometimes. So I run, listen to musicals, hang with boyfriend and take pictures. And I bake. I even bake things I can't eat.
Okay...I ate one.
Those are chocolate cupcakes with a cream cheese vanilla icing. The piping is supposed to look like hydrangeas and I think I did a pretty good job! I figured they would be good for Easter and to give away to people. Got the recipe about a year ago and have been waiting to try it again (after a failed attempt the first time). You can find it over at Glorious Treats. Hers look better than mine I think, but I'm still learning when it coming to cake decorating, so I'm pretty happy.

Okay this post is long enough. I'm ready for Pittsburgh and my puppy tomorrow. And Easter. It's my favorite holiday. But for now I'm going to go for a run. (Edit: did my usual 2 miles in just over 23 minutes! Weee!)

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment