Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

So, I'm a crazy person.

I've never been what you might call a 'runner'. I used to do the Race for the Cure and The Great Race 5ks with my dad, but I jogged/walked them. Not to mention, I was 10, so the energy levels were much higher. But I did work out quite a bit. I did zumba and toning exercises regularly and was pretty happy with my overall figure. Hell I was a size 8 for the first time ever, so yay for me. I even tried to run a 5k last August, with minor success. I only had to walk twice and even though I finished well behind my teammates, I finished and that was the important thing.
I was on a healthy high point. I could do anything. In a fit of "Why the Hell not?"-ness I signed up to do an obstacle course 5k called The Warrior Dash in May of this year.

Then I moved to Virginia.

Away from routine, with everything changing around me, my health has gone up in smoke. I've put on weight, and I can't stick with a fitness regime for the life of me.

Now the Warrior Dash is in 2 months and I've got to get it together, or I will die.

Thanks to a super supportive boyfriend and my amazing fitness instructor sister, I'm eating healthier and trying to do the work out thing. I figure if I can take control of anything in my life, it had better be my health.

So that's what this blog is for. Accountability and routine. Even if no one ever reads this blog, it is a step towards regaining my health and happiness.

Time to stop making excuses.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment